Monday, June 13, 2016

So much die cutting going on!

Hello dear friends~
In my last post I said I was going to try to post again the next week...well here I am just about 4 weeks late! I really do hope I get better at this!

In May I had a class that was going to be the last one of the year. The ladies loved the cards. 

This one was a bit of work because they had to "build" the teapot. I have a die that cuts all the pieces out, but in order for the teapot to be supported, they needed to cut it twice (once in plain card stock and once in decorative paper) and glue the floral layer on top of card stock. The teapot is popped up on dimensional foam.
It is hard to tell but there are clear "bubbles" in the center of the flowers. The flowers are cut out using a punch. In order to get the clear bubbles, the class had to scrape off the white backing and adhesive. Then the bubbles were adhered with glue dots to the centers of the flowers, which sort of magnified the centers! This was a favorite card among the gals. 
This card was stamped first in black ink, which you cannot see, and then it was painted with a brush and Stampin Up ink rather than paint. Then they had to carefully glue on the white die cut piece over the coloring, covering up the stamped image. The tag was colored with a matching marker on the edge to give the illusion of a mat. The color matches the rose and the card stock mat.
This is called a shaker card. This was the very favorite card of the day. There is a window of acetate on the biggest balloon and behind it are sequins and metallic glitter bits. A very festive card!

The last card was one that looks complicated but in truth is quite easy. This is a gate fold card. It has a "belly band" which is the white patterned piece at the bottom. To open this card, the recipient pulls off the band and then the card opens on both sides.
Quite different don't you think?? They loved it! The big trick on this one was to get the vine die cut to line up across both front folds. (easy once you know how!!) They succeeded quite well!! This card came in a very close second to the shaker card. 

There is a rumor that I am going to have another class in July. It looks like there are quite a few people who are interested. These cards would be from the samples I shared at the party I had on June 4th celebrating the new Stampin Up catalog. If you would like to join our fun group, please contact me and let me know!! I will most likely have classes scheduled for the first or second week in July. 
Until next time~ Take good care! 
ellie

2 comments:

  1. Really cool selection of cards, El! I can see why your ladies loved them! :^)
    Hugs Penny

    ReplyDelete