Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Nearly a New Year!

Hello!
I have been away far too long. I have decided that I must make this blog more of a priority next year. I thank you for sticking with me. I have found that it is easier to just post my pictures on Facebook, so that is what I have been doing. But, I know that my post on Facebook can get lost in the "crowd" and it is far easier for people to find it in their in box rather than surf Facebook!

I wanted to show you a card that had been in my head ever since I saw the new mini catalog, which we call Occasions, last month. If you need a copy of the new catalog, which starts January 4th and lasts until May 31, 2017, please let me know! The card features the Up & Away Thinlits, specifically the large balloon and three of the different cloud dies. I cut the clouds from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper. The DSP, or Designer Series Paper, is one of the items that you can get for free with a $50.00 order, during Sale A Bration! (which also starts January 4th, and lasts until March 31, 2017) The whole package is perfect for the balloon dies as well as the stamp set, called Lift Me Up. You get 12 sheets of 12 x 12 paper in the free package, 2 each of 6 double sided designs. The dies and stamps can be purchased bundled together which saves you 10%!


 This is the front of the card. The verse is from the stamp set (Lift Me Up) and it is stamped on Whisper White and die cut using the Project Life dies. The clouds are popped up on dimensionals.

Here is the inside of the card. The balloon is a 3-D piece that uses 3 die cuts. I  scored the balloons first and made sure that they would fold correctly.  I carefully glued together two pieces and held them in place with paper clips until I felt that the glue had set. Then I glued the third balloon die cut in place and kept them clipped together for about 20 minutes.  There are three glimmer clouds on the inside. 


Here is a better look at the balloon. You can see how it folds flat so that the card can be mailed in a regular envelope. When the card is opened, the balloon pops up! I love how the two sentiments work so well together. I definitely think this would brighten someone's day, don't you?

Thanks for stopping by today. I wish you Peace and good health in the New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment